Are you a procrastinator or someone who struggles to manage time between busy work schedule and personal schedules? Sapience buddy time tracker can be your best buddy then as it gives you detailed analytics that will help you discover the time spent on unwanted apps, calls or in unwanted locations. So if you wish to manage your time and find that work personal life balance, this app is the one to go for. Go ahead and give it a go, you will not regret!
On opening the app, it comes up with a brief introduction for the app and a YouTube video that gives an overview of the app. This app tracks your time and activities on phone automatically once set up.
On opening the app, the home tab gives a summary of your usage statistics for that day.
You need to Permit usage access (done in settings for mobile) for this app and this allows the app to track what other apps youre using, how often, your operator, language settings and other details. The app also asks to allow access to device location, access contacts, allow to make and manage phone call, access photos, media and files on your device. These settings need to be allowed in order for the app to perform its tasks.
Once the above initial set up is complete, you need to create /choose a google account to access your step count data. You will also get a notification that Sapience would like to view your activity information in google fit, deny/allow. It is the users discretion to allow or deny and it is the fitness API that requests the above access. Allowing access will let Sapient Buddy track your steps via Google fit and not otherwise.
The home tab shows todays activities; for example, the following information is displayed:
- Mobile usage How many calls were made, how long were the calls made, whether work related or personal, who you have called
- Travel time How much time and how much distance the user has traveled
- How many times the phone was checked, what apps were checked, whether the duration was greater than 30 seconds or less than 30 seconds
- Number of places visited with time – keeps track of time spent in each location by geotagging locations visited
- Top 3 apps used and for how long
- Fitness log of cycling, walking and number of steps
All the above can be marked as work or private that helps you keep track of the time spent doing work related tasks and personal tasks. Once activated, the app itself triggers options to choose activity as work or personal thereby helping maintain neat statistics.
Push notifications show statistics of what task a person has done each day. Notifications are shown for the previous day so that users can efficiently plan their current day avoiding unwanted activities. This is a good approach to actually show users what they are doing with their time. Its good to have a reality check done rather than worry about not having enough time to finish off any tasks and hey, it opens ones eyes into how much time one spends checking mobile just as a habit when there is no need.
- Gives options for users to register for sapience buddy users or sapience enterprise user and registering helps with some exclusive features that are available only for registered users
- You can set goals, e.g., set number of times phone can be checked or unlocked; that way alerts or notifications will keep you focused on necessary tasks only
- Set data limit
- Manage places
- Detailed analytics for registered users
- Time bound call tracking, time based location tracking and time based app tracking
- Gives an option to make work as default purpose for calls, locations and this will be an easier option for users who spend more time at work making mostly work related calls or who commute frequently to their work place.
This app is also available on Android.
There is not much in terms of cons for this app as it has some fantastic features to keep users focused and on track.
Rating: 8.5/ 10