We all love our iPhones and iPads, and while we also love that we can video chat and Skype and do all sorts of live feed functions to feel connected socially, we often forget just how powerful our devices really are; and that they can be used more purposefully when needed.
Now, many are probably wondering what that really means. Well, imagine if you will, you are out of town for the weekend, and you are a bit worried because just before your left, you were hearing rumblings in the neighborhood about breakins and small theft jobs recently on the rise. While you were hesitant to take the trip, it was something you simply could not excuse yourself from.
So, now imagine that you had a security camera set up inside the house, monitoring the main room from which burglars may want to take items or maybe a hall that leads to all areas of your home. So, any movement detected there would mean someone was in your house.
Most people would think that they could not afford such a device. Well, not that those devices are overly expensive, they can range into a couple of hundred dollars. If you have an iOS device, security cameras are already in your possession.
Yes, you can download a neat app called AtHome Camera and transform your iPhone, iPad into a camera that transmits and receives both audio and video. It also talks to IP cameras that are off the shelf, so if you have one of those, you can remotely control it with the AtHome Viewer app.
AtHome Camera allows for so much functionality, that once you start using it, you will wonder how you got by without it!
Other features the app offers include:
- Remote Monitoring. All you need is 3G/4G or WiFi on the camera device and wherever you are, so you can receive pictures and videos that are sharp and clear
- Motion detection. Get notified via text or email if something moves
- Two-Way Conversations: set up the camera in another room and you can hold conversations with whomever is there; you don’t have to see them, either
- Security and Privacy. All video and audio feed is encrypted and protected, so only your devices have access to them.
- Background stream mode, so no one knows that the camera is streaming.
- Device flexibility. You can stream and view from an assortment of devices, ranging from iPhone to iPad to IP Cameras.
- Cloud Storage. The app stores everything in the Cloud, so you never lose a thing.
The only thing I would say is missing in this app is the ability to connect your viewing device to several streaming devices, so you can keep an eye on several rooms or locations simultaneously. That is true home security!
Enjoy all this app has to offer by downloading AtHome Camera on your streaming device of choice and downloading it’s partner in crime, AtHome Viewer, so you can maximize the functionality and purpose of your devices, putting them to work!
Rating: 9.5/ 10