10 Super-Apps dominate Android Market

They leave small developers in pain

More than half of the U.S. Android activity is dominated by 20 apps, says Nielson.

A latest research oAndroid_apps_share_chartf Nielson, a popular marketing research company, claims that top ten apps account for 43 percent of all activity in Android mobile and another 8 percent is grabbed by the next 10 apps. The top 50 apps cover an astonishing 61 percentage of Android usage. That makes other 250,000 Android apps to battle it out for the remaining 39 percent of the pie.

android_apps_usage_chartHowever, Nielson didn’t disclose the name of those popular apps and have saved it for the webinar ‘All About Android’ that is scheduled for September 15. This survey also claims that an average individual spends almost an hour for interacting with web and apps daily. Apps occupy 67 percent here leaving 33 percent for the web.

This revelation has come as a rude shock for small developers working in Android platform. We think the App Store has a better atmosphere for developers.

Alpha Digits helps developers to promote their iPhone app, iPad apps and Android apps through press releases, article marketing, app directory submission and other effective app marketing techniques. Contact us before the launching or updating your app.

1 comments On 10 Super-Apps dominate Android Market

  • Good day I am so thrilled I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was browsing on Askjeeve
    for something else, Anyways I am here now and would
    just like to say thanks for a tremendous post and a all round thrilling blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at
    the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.