In Hero Legends, there are two armies that fight against each other: Order and Chaos. So you literally have a choice of either creating order or mere chaos in the world by fighting your opponent. If you belong to the “Order” team, you will fight against “Chaos” to bring order to the world and if you belong to the “Chaos” team, you fight against the “Order” team to bring chaos to the world.
The “Order” team is a bunch of humans, harpies, elves and others, who are the descendants of the angels and have their commercial base established on the plains of Mars. Their goal is to restore order and exterminate evil.
The “Chaos” team are descendants of the devil and with only chaos and destruction in their mind, they prepare to spread chaos in the world during the next war. This team was formed when the Yarmen united the Moz, the demons and the goblins, constructing a monstrous fortress in the dark woods.
Once you choose a team, you have the option to choose your own name as the hero or, you can press the dice to generate random names. Either way, once you are happy with the name, just tap “Expedition Begins.” You will be taken to the arena, where you tap “Battle” and start fighting your enemies.
You initially start with some coins, food and certain powers. Of the many stories, you start from story 1 as a new player. Each story has a few levels. Once you get to start level 1, you can select the hero and soldiers, start the battle and fight against your enemies. You use the different powers available to fight the enemies, while collecting gems and treasure.
Features of the game:
- You fight and win each level, thereby collecting map shards. Once you collect three map shards, you will have the ability to unlock new cards.
- Unlocking stars will let the player unlock hidden stages in the game
- For each mission that the player completes, the quest will update to “Collect” status that enables the player to collect rewards.
- Powerful weapons / powers build up that can be used against the enemies to defeat them
- During the battle, treasure chests appear and they can be collected to get new rewards and these can be collected after the completion of a quest.
- With each level up, you get to have new recruits like warriors that enable you to build a powerful army to fight against the other team.
- Recruits are trained by spending coins, food and other.
- A highlight of this game is that you do not go on long quests waiting for adventures to unfold, but you rather play some quick short missions, beat up the enemy and progress on to the next level.
- There is an option called auto battle, not a very exciting thing, but it lets your heroes to fight automatically, but there could be no control over time.
- There are various options at the bottom of the screen like, Value Shop, Bag, Unit Info, Daily Login, Events, Ranking, Mailbox and World map. In order to explore the world map, you should have completed level 12!
- You get to meet world players and have a chat with them on the main channel or have private chats through “Whisper.”
- And finally, the 2D graphics are neat and very similar to the superhero comic characters and hence this should help spark an interest equally in younger kids and adults.
There are restrictions on choosing a limited number of warriors for each area of the battlefield, but giving the players flexibility about choosing less or more warriors or recruits for a particular area would be good.
If you are interested in role play games where you use amazing strategies to defeat the enemy, here is a game that is on queue which will be appealing to you.